1. Submit your Application for Admission to San Juan College: Apply online
for FREE. There is a 2-4 business day processing time for your Application.
2. Apply for Financial Aid
: It is recommended that all students complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) this can be done by going to www.fafsa.gov. For any questions about Financial Aid you may call (505) 566-3323 or visit the Financial Aid
3. Request Official Transcripts: from your high school/GED and from ALL colleges you have attended be sent to: San Juan College, Enrollment Services, 4601 College Blvd., Farmington, NM 87402
4. Smarter Measure:
Smarter Measure is a Learning Readiness Indicator assessment meant to be an interesting experience by which you may learn more about yourself. It will take 35 minutes to complete. You only need to complete areas 1-5. Go to http://sjc.smartermeasure.com
to complete this.
5. New Student Orientation: Attending orientation is required for all First Time Freshmen; transfer students may be encouraged to complete one by their advisor. Times and dates for NSO offerings are available through the Student Achievement Center. To get registered for a session either face-to-face or online please call (505) 566-3378 or email email@example.com.
6. Complete the Accuplacer: The Accuplacer tests you in English, reading, and math to determine which level you need to begin in. Go to the Testing Center webpage to schedule your testing appointment and complete pre-registration. In the BLUE BOX, click Accuplacer. Take the Accuplacer on your scheduled test day/time at the SJC Testing Center, which is located in the Information Technology Center (Coppertop Building), RM 7120D. Contact the SJC Testing Center with any testing questions at (505) 566-3139.
If you are unable to come to campus for testing because you are a distance student, go to Distance Accuplacer for more information.
Students with disabilities should contact the Disability Services Office at (505) 566-3643 to determine eligibility for Accuplacer testing accommodations.
Students who are transferring in credits from another college and have questions about the Accuplacer requirement may contact the Advising and Counseling office AFTER their transcripts have been evaluated at (505) 566-3526.
7. Meet with an Academic Advisor: Your academic advisor will go over your Accuplacer scores with you as well as help you plan out courses for the term you wish to begin. It is recommended that you make an appointment by calling (505) 566-3404.
Online students will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to be put in touch with their advisor.
Meet with the Disabilities Coordinator in the Disability Services Office to request accommodations if needed (505) 566-3271.
8. Register for courses: Using Academic Planning or WebAdvisor. Registration dates are posted on the Academic Calendar.
9. Pay your tuition: It is your responsibility to know the tuition deadlines. Please check the Academic Calendar for information concerning tuition dates and deadlines. Tuition can be paid by phone (505) 566-3396, in person at the Business Office, or online at webadvisor.sanjuancollege.edu. You may also visit the Payment Options page for more information.
Before Attending Classes:
Get your Student ID card at the Enrollment Services Office: Your first ID card is FREE. Replacement cards are $5.00. You will use your ID card for all transactions while you are a student at SJC.
Purchase textbooks: To find more information about purchasing your textbooks go to the Bookstore webpage.
Other Helpful Tips:
Download the SJC App! Go to your app store and search Ellucian. Download the app and then search for San Juan College within the app. You will need your username and password to access your information, like your course schedule.
Read the SJC Catalog- Know your rights and responsibilities as a SJC student and find information about programs, courses and policies. Available online at www.sanjuancollege.edu/catalog